Shingle roof adaptability is best seen in the climates of Arizona, US. Arizona has a dry climate, with small rainfall. In Arizona, temperature varies greatly from place to place, season to season, and even in a period of day to night. Homes in such areas must have durable roofs that can withstand in unpredictable climate variations. Shingle roofs are one of the most popular roofing types. Here is a quick review of the merits and demerits of using shingle roofs.
Merits of Using Shingle Roofs –
- Versatility – Shingle roofs can be made of materials like asphalt fiberglass, wooden shingles, metal, slate, tile etc. Warm areas mostly have flat roofs but tile shingle is also a good option. Wood shingles are not recommended for warm areas.
- Inexpensive – Shingles are one of the most inexpensive roofing options. Every material used for shingles like metal, tile, wood etc have different costs so you have various options to choose from as per your budget and needs.
- Easy Installation and Maintenance – Shingles are very easy to install. The expert roofing contractor in Peoria has proficiency over shingle roof installation. Regular repair and maintenance required to keep shingles clean and safe.
- Fire Resistant – Shingles are good resistant of fire. Wooden Shingles are the exception in this case. Asphalt fiberglass shingles are the most fire safe shingles among all other types of shingles.
- Easily Available – Shingles are easily available everywhere. It is easily available in different shapes types and colors.
Demerits of Using Shingle Roofs –
- Short Lifespan – Metal and slate shingles are durable up to 50 years, but few shingles like Asphalt, tile and wooden shingles are limited to 30-35 years.
- Regular Inspection Required – Although the roof maintenance and repair is easy but regular inspection is also required to avoid any damage.
- Vulnerable to Mildew – Improper roof installation, ventilation and leaks lead to the problems like moss and mildew in shingles.
Shingle roofing installation is done by the professional roofing expert. People choose shingle roofs over other roofing types as it looks classy, inexpensive and comes in wide range.