If you have a concrete tiles fixed on your roof, which makes it appealingly beautiful and promises a longer shelf life, but have a strong chances of cracking when exposed to extreme temperature conditions, you will fall in dire need of Tile roof services in Phoenix every now and then. Well if your roof is damaged and is demanding immediate tile roof repair, there might not be any alternative but to replace damaged tiles.
If you have taken the tile roof cost estimate from a contractor which is high but are willing to perform the repair task on your own, below mentioned are certain important steps that can help you do the job just right. The entire task is simplified in a few steps which can help any novice to carry out Tile roofing repair Phoenix safely. All that they need are necessary tools and considering some safety precautions to repair a concrete tile roof like a pro.
- Safety is Vital: To begin the job, always ensure that you have important safety tools and garments such as leather gloves along with protective eye glasses. Have a firm ladder in place. While climbing on the tile roof, it is important to watch the step to avoid damaging other tiles.
- Replacing the Tile: In case of replacement, ensure that newly bought titles are exact match with the already installed concrete tile roof. Best it to know the tile’s model number and manufacturer details post which you can search the market to get the exact fit.
- Using a Crowbar: Place the crowbar below the damaged portion of tile and move it to the left hand tile tip to lift it. Proceed to slowly removing the same by applying light pressure on the tool.
- Placing the New Tile: Once extracted, gently place the new tile in the respective spot and snap it so that it gets fixed securely onto roof.
- Securing the Tiles: Avoid using nails to fix the tile but gently push them in their place to have secure fixture.
- Final Finishing: Follow this process for all the damaged tiles and take a final look at any leftovers or damaged parts that need to be removed from the roof.